This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
We will use your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The data controller is : Internet Electrical . Office 5, First Floor, Hubbard Way, 2 Civic Drive, Ipswich. IP1 2QA
Please read the following to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website such as but not limited to your name and address, telephone number and your credit card, debit card or bank account details for payment.
- Purchase products through our website and over the telephone and of the fulfilment of your order.
- This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our website.
- Sign up to marketing/newsletters including by email and SMS - Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purpose or otherwise and the resources that you access; and we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies) which we may add to the information we already hold about you in order to provide a more personalised service tailored to you.
- Information we collect using cookies stored on your devise. Please see the section on cookies for more information and how to manage them.
- Information provided to us from other sources (such as credit reference agencies) which may add to the information we already hold about you in order to provide a more personalised service tailored to you - If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATON
To provide you with the requested goods and/or services including but not limited to processing and fulfilling your order and administering promotion such as competitions and prize draws:
- To monitor and improve the services and the website
- To manage your marketing preferences
- To contact you if there is a query regarding your order
- To verify your identity
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements; - In the detection and prevention of fraud or other crimes
- To arrange the fulfilment and to fulfil other contractual and legal obligations between you and us
- In certain circumstances in order to process your order and to verify your identity, we may call your provided telephone number you have provided to perform security checks and to request that you verify certain information. - To assist with any of your customer queries
- In the event that you purchase goods on the website, you may be sent an email requesting whether you would like to review your product.
- Market research purposes - For research, analysis, risk management, legal, accounting, administrative, testing, monitoring and for our business operations.
- To arrange an invoice once your order has been completed
- To keep you informed about the products and services that we offer. If you do not want to receive these please send an e-mail entitled “NO MAIL” to data@ internet-electrical.co.uk
3. SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose personal data we collect to third parties in the following manner:
- All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer and we may share your personal information with such third parties as are necessary to enable us to do such checks.
- To administer your account and to disclose your details to our third party service providers for the purpose of processing and fulfilment of your order.
- We may pass your personal data to other companies to support our business operations, and for audit purposes.
- We may disclose your personal data where it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
- We may pass on non-personal aggregated information about sales and website usage to reputable organisations for research or analysis purposes only.
- We may pass your information to third parties in order to fulfil and/or dispatch your order, The third party provider may send marketing material within the parcel after fulfilment of your order.
4. INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER INDIVIDUALS
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you hereby confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and has agreed that you can give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data and that you can receive on their behalf any data protection notices and give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
5. WERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website, Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
‘Sensitive personal information’ is information about an individual that reveals their racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic information biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual, information concerning health or information concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect sensitive personal information from individuals, and you must not submit sensitive personal information to us.
If, however, you inadvertently or intentionally transmit sensitive personal information to us you will be considered to have explicitly consented to us processing that sensitive personal information under Article 9(2)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation. We will use and process your sensitive personal information for the purposes of deleting it.
7. EMAIL MARKETING
You may opt out from any email marketing by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the marketing emails. You may opt out from any SMS marketing by texting “STOP” to the number located on the marketing text messages.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to ask us NOT to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR If, at any time, you wish to have your information removed from our active databases, please send an e-mail entitled “REMOVE FROM DATEBASE” to email@example.com
9. UPDATING AND ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
If any of the information that you have provided to us changes such as your email address, home address, name, contact number please let us know by either contacting us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org OR write to us at : Internet Electrical, Office 5, First Floor, Hubbard Way, 2 Civic Drive, Ipswich, IP1 2QA. rst Floor, Hubbard Way, 2 Civic Drive, First Floor, Hubbard Way, 2 Civic Drive, Ipswich IP1 2QA.
Should you wish to access the personal information that we hold about you please write to our registered office at the above mentioned address. You will need to include a brief description of the information you require and provide your identity (copy of your passport, drivers licence and a utility bill no more than 3 months old).
10. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We are required by law to keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we are using it. The period for which we keep your personal information will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk from any unauthorised use or disclosure of the information, and our legal and regulatory obligations.
1. WHAT DO COOKIES DO?
A cookie allows easy navigation between pages on a website by learning your preferences. Many cookies are also used to display advertising content more relevant to you, based on website activity and approximate location. When cookies are not used a website will view you as a new visitor each time you visit. This can slow down your online experience, leading to issues such as your login details being requested repeatedly, and items added to your basket being lost. Cookies provided by a website you view are termed 'first party' cookies, while cookies from sites displaying content on another website are known as 'third party' cookies
3. WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DO WE USE
These cookies do not track your internet browsing. They are needed to allow full access to the website and its vital features, such as secure checkouts or remembering items in your shopping basket.
We use performance cookies to improve how the website functions. These allow us to better understand customer behaviour online, and enable us to optimise your browsing experience through anonymous statistical data. This includes figures such as the most visited website pages, and also allows errors to be identified.
To offer you a more tailored online experience, these cookies allow the website to learn your preferences for areas where customisation is available, speeding up your browsing. Functionality cookie data may be anonymous and will only track browsing activity on our website.
Targeting or Behavioural Cookies
These cookies enable contents to be displayed that are more relevant to you and your interests, and control the number of times you will see these. They record your visit to the website, and may share this information with multiple organisations, however this information will not allow you to be identified personally.
4. HOW DO I MANAGE MY COOKIE SETTINGS?
5. CHANGES TO THIS COOKIE NOTICE
We may change our Cookie Notice from time to time, to keep it updated or to comply with legal, business or technical requirements. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when the updated version is available on or through the Website.