Wylex AFDD Arc Fault Detection Devices
AFDD's detect electrical arcing faults that MCBs, RCDs and RCBOs cannot detect, providing an extra layer of circuit protection for many applications.
Single module AFDDs protect ring circuits, radial circuits, spurs and leads too. With neutral as standard for complete protection.
The use of Arc Fault Detection Devices is mandated for single-phase AC final circuits supplying socket-outlets (with a rated current up to 32A) in certain types of premises i.e.
- In Higher Risk Residential Buildings (HRRB)
- In Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO)
- In Purpose-Built Student Accommodation
- In Care Homes
The use of AFDDs is also recommended in all other types of premises for single-phase AC final circuits supplying socket outlets rated up to 32A.
AFDDs shall be placed at the origin of the circuit to be protected i.e. in the consumer unit or distribution board.
Showing 1 - 8 of 8 items
WYLEX TYPE B ARC FAULT DETECTION DEVICE (AFDD )
WYLEX TYPE C ARC FAULT DETECTION DEVICE (AFDD )
Wylex AFDD Arc Fault Detection Device features
- MCB sized AFDDs
- Fits regular consumer units
- Standard installation process
- Uses 1 consumer unit way
- Ring circuit compatible
- Radial circuit compatible
- Detects serial arc faults
- Detects parallel arc faults
- Integral Type A 30mA RCBO
- With double pole switching
- Self tests every 15 hours
- Status indicators (fault find assistant)
- BS EN 62606
- Retrofit compatible
- Protects against fires caused by arc faults